Wednesday 25 June 2014

Enter The Bruno

Better late than never, I've decided to create a blog of my own that will chronicle and showcase my miniature painting efforts and attempts.

Exciting origin stories are like opinions, and mine is no different- I was sucked into the world of miniatures and tabletop gaming via Heroquest and then Space Crusade in the early 90's, which were of course a gateway to Games Workshop, Citadel miniatures and their affiliates and what have you.

Second Edition Warhammer 40,000 was my poison, and I have fond memories of my dad taking me to pick up my copy on release day, after what must have been a hell of a lot of nagging.
Games would be played against a couple of friends with the contents of the 40K and Space Crusade boxes and my fledgling Space Wolves army all cobbled together and 98% unpainted in that fine tradition.

I lost interest somewhere around 1997, favouring the pursuit of the Unholy Triumvirate ( the last one is rock and roll, hint hint) and the miniatures were packed away.
I attempted a comeback to the game about 5 years later but found that things had changed- Space Dwarfs were gone, Orks were different and it was an entirely new game.
I made an attempt to get back in, but my heart just wasn't into it.

Fast forward to 2009, where I had the epiphany that by the power of a notorious online auction site I could collect and assemble all those miniatures I always wanted as a kid but didn't have the money for, and that maybe I could just keep playing good old Second Edition 40K regardless of the current game.

A bit over a year ago, I discovered Orlygg's Realm Of Chaos Blog and the Oldhammer Forum and discovered a whole slew of other fine folks with similar ideas the world over...I wasn't alone!

Anyways, enough waffling!



4 comments:

  1. Lead or Alive ! The name is great and the owner is as good at least !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lead or alive, I'm joining you on this quest... now show me some small hat dwarves, chop chop! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers and thanks very much to both of you upstanding individuals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are watching. Do us proud CVB!

    ReplyDelete